From: 070Club@groups.io [mailto:070Club@groups.io] On Behalf Of Jim K5SP
Sent: Monday, April 9, 2018 4:51 PM
To: 070Club@groups.io
Subject: [070Club] Section Manager Response Re: FT8

This is what I received from the NTX section Manage to my message to him
regarding the FT8 issues:

Jim,

I am not sure what I can do to help. I bet many of these stateside FT8
operators are newbies and may not even be members of the league.

The OO program is basically dead at this point due to FCC dysfunction.

The ARRL has no standing to pressure another company to do anything.

The OO program would probably be the best bet. I am CC'ing the NTX OOC on
this reply.

You could also write an article for QRZ--

1. If the OO program is "Dead", why would the OO program be the best bet?
2. Anyone want to write a QRZ article?
3. Would agree ARRL has no official standing, but, are they not acting
like a PAC with the FCC? They can and do lobby for what they think is in
the best interest of hams (or what will line their pockets).

--
Jim, K5SP #483
Member Services Director

Justin Mattes-KC2GIK