they just tell you to go to hell they will not help you at all. The ARRL is now just a business and all
they want is the dues and money. It is a big joke even trying to to ask them to help.

Bob - wa2aar

On Mon, Apr 9, 2018 at 6:38 PM, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:
When I first became an Official Observer several years ago,  I "caught" about 40 stations on 14349 during a DX Contest.  Yes, they were about 2+ kHz. out of band. I sent them all notices and when I got my my notice sent in, I had my wrist slapped because it apparently flooded the ARRL  with too many email complaints... "No, it wasn't me out of band  !!!!"  and I guess some phone calls and letters. Some DX Contesters seem to be a bunch of of whiners when they get caught out of band... no wonder the FCC gave up on enforcement.

So, it would seem that the ARRL  doesn't want their OO's doing "too good of a job". Had I really worked harder I could have logged about another 100 out of band.  The ARRL just wants everyone to do a couple OO reports a month and be mediocre.

In January this year I let my ARRL membership of many years lapse (and probably my OO appointment as well). They just want you dues money and everyone should make waves.

Finally, the responses all seem the be in line with the Old Pullman Bedbug Letter which will have to be googled if you want to know what that's about.

Jerry

From: Mike Besemer - WM4B #348 <mwbesemer@...>
To: 070Club@groups.io
Sent: Monday, April 9, 2018 4:33 PM
Subject: Re: [070Club] Section Manager Response Re: FT8

They were sure flying the FT8 flag high and proud when the mode came out, but now that it’s becoming a headache they want to wash their hands of it.  Go figure.

He’s right about the OO program, but it was broke before the FCC totally quit enforcement.  That’s why I turned in my credentials.

So much for representing the hobby.

Mike
WM4B