Re: Older Radios On PSK31 - Fun Question

B C <k9wis@...>

I started out on PSK using a TS-430...loved that radio...the lightning God's took it away from me...sigh
Brian K9WIS

---- Sherri Rapp <srapp7@gmail.com> wrote:

=============
My first radio (which I still have but am trying to sell) is a Kenwood
TS-440S. IIRC the tech is late 70s?Works PSK like a charm. It uses a Buxcom
Rascal between the radio and an external sound card.

Sherri, WB4OSU, #2601

On Sun, Apr 1, 2018, 8:16 PM Bill Garwood <n4gbk@outlook.com> wrote:

Hi Folks,

Things have settled down so I though I'd ask a question on here just for
fun. Jerry's TS-850 dates from around 1990. My first PSK31 QSOs were
with a TS-680 built in 1988 with a Signalink. It did poorly when the band
was busy as it had no filters and the waterfall would turn to mush. I
remember having PSK31 QSOs on 20 meters with a station running a Heathkit
HW-101 and another with a Swan 350. The HW-101 dates back to about 1970
and the Swan to the late 1960s. What is the oldest PSK31 rig you have used
or have worked on the air?

Have a great week and will see you in the 31 Flavors contest.

Bill N4GBK