From: "Bob Adams" <wa2aar.pa@...>
Sent: 3/28/2018 6:04:07 AM
Subject: Re: [070Club] Can we all get a grip?

Milt you don't know what the hell you are talking about. First you don't have to yell.
Type like a normal person. I guess you have not be listening to the frequencies
if you had you would not type what you did.   This FT8 is a joke computer to computer
with no amature involement. Who thinks this stuff up. We that us PSK don't go into
the area where FT8 is and they shouldn't come over to the frequencies that PSK use.
Don't come back with a contest for SSB, CW, RTTY and the amount of the band they
use they are not involved in this.

Bob - wa2aar

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 8:37 AM, Sherri Rapp <srapp7@...> wrote:
This is not "fake news". This is a real problem that LOTS of us are experiencing. Please don't dismiss concerns in that manner. Of course we'll survive — if we find a way to operate TOGETHER moving forward while adhering to the good practices already in place.

Sherri, WB4OSU, #2601

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018, 8:05 AM Milton Garb <n6mg@...> wrote:

Let's get a grip on our selves. NOBODY is going to jamb anyone else's signal. Who dreams this stuff up?

FT-8 is not a precursor to the end of the amateur radio world as we know & enjoy it.

"Back in the day"...CW operators had AM operators join them in using their frequencies...Everybody survived.

"Back in the day"...AM operators had SSB operators join them in using their frequencies... Everybody survived.

"Back in the day"...SSB  operators had RTTY come in & placed itself into the CW, AM, SSB & slow scan...Everybody survived.

Then here we come with our pip-squeak little narrow, low power wobbling signals...and "we" placed it in the portion of the band previously used by CW, AM, SSB, & RTTY...Everybody survived. Let's deal with facts, not made up fake news.

It's an annoyance, and 1 more time; it's not the end of the world thru the eyes of Amateur Radio, the ARRL, or any 070 Club member.

Milt -

N6MG

070-650

LONP #76