Re: Can we all get a grip?

Mike Besemer - WM4B #348 <mwbesemer@...>

AMEN!

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 8:37 AM, Sherri Rapp wrote:

 This is not "fake news". This is a real problem that LOTS of us are experiencing. Please don't dismiss concerns in that manner. Of course we'll survive — if we find a way to operate TOGETHER moving forward while adhering to the good practices already in place.

Sherri, WB4OSU, #2601

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018, 8:05 AM Milton Garb < n6mg@...> wrote:
Let's get a grip on our selves. NOBODY is going to jamb anyone else's signal. Who dreams this stuff up?
FT-8 is not a precursor to the end of the amateur radio world as we know & enjoy it.
"Back in the day"...CW operators had AM operators join them in using their frequencies...Everybody survived.
"Back in the day"...AM operators had SSB operators join them in using their frequencies... Everybody survived.
"Back in the day"...SSB   operators had RTTY come in & placed itself into the CW, AM, SSB & slow scan...Everybody survived.
Then here we come with our pip-squeak little narrow, low power wobbling signals...and "we" placed it in the portion of the band previously used by CW, AM, SSB, & RTTY...Everybody survived. Let's deal with facts, not made up fake news.
It's an annoyance, and 1 more time; it's not the end of the world thru the eyes of Amateur Radio, the ARRL, or any 070 Club member.
Milt -
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76
Trustee for W6QP

From: 070Club@groups.io< 070Club@groups.io> On Behalf Of Jerry N9AVY
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2018 1:52 PM
Cc: Sr WA5LOU Lou Everett < wa5lou@...>
Subject: Re: [070Club] FT-8 on 14070--071

Think this FT-8 problem will only get worse as time goes by.  Perrhaps it may end with the termination of the ARRL Grids Program, but if they think up something different for 2019, the lousy FT-8 operators will have total disregard for other modes/operators... starting to look like another citizens band with FT-8 operators thinking they can go to any part of band they want.

This is a major problem and it will undoubtedly descend in retaliatory jamming of FT-8 signals, IMHO.  This is a sad state of affairs when FT-8 operators are operating in what has been PSK31 territory for last several years. It was bad enough when FT-8 used 18.100 as a major operating frequency which is now virtually useless for PSK31. There have been several other modes displaced due to FT-8 operators.

Jerry  N9AVY