Re: FT-8 on 14070--071

Mike Besemer - WM4B #348 <mwbesemer@...>

I’ve been on the WSJT-X development group all day trying to make some inroads with this.  At this point, I don’t think I’m welcome there anymore.

Bottom line is that the developers are mute on the subject and, as Paula said, 90% of the FT8 users don’t give a hoot that they’re causing QRM and bad feelings. 

I agree that Joe Taylor needs to address this.  I suggest we flood him with emails – nice, well-worded emails.

Mike

WM4B

From: 070Club@groups.io [mailto:070Club@groups.io] On Behalf Of Bob Adams
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2018 6:08 PM
To: 070Club@groups.io
Subject: Re: [070Club] FT-8 on 14070--071

I agree they are on during the day on 20 meters in the PSK area of the band and it is  getting bad. I think that the ARRL grid

location with this program is a joke. The FT8 stations are stating to take over the band. Something 

has to be done with this. They are bad operators. And don't care where they go. I would like to know how they would

feel if us on PSK went to the area where they are? 

Bob - wa2aar 

On Tue, Mar 27, 2018 at 5:41 PM, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:

Probably best to handle this issue off list.

Jerry   n9avy

Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2018 4:38 PM

And from people like me who did not notice the radio had changed freqs.  HI HI  I'm still learning and appreciate positive notes that help me  be better.  I think I found the problem at my station, I'll address it in a reply to Steve.

Geary, KE5IRK

On Tue, Mar 27, 2018 at 4:11 PM, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:

Buddy:

You may be seeing into the future...

Jerry n9avy

Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2018 3:56 PM

Jerry,

You haven't seen anything yet.  Wait until all those Techs get digital HF privileges the ARRL is pushing for.  A few hundred thousand more FT8 ops.. oh boy.

73 Buddy WB4M

On 3/27/2018 04:52 PM, Jerry N9AVY wrote:

Think this FT-8 problem will only get worse as time goes by.  Perrhaps it may end with the termination of the ARRL Grids Program, but if they think up something different for 2019, the lousy FT-8 operators will have total disregard for other modes/operators... starting to look like another citizens band with FT-8 operators thinking they can go to any part of band they want.

This is a major problem and it will undoubtedly descend in retaliatory jamming of FT-8 signals, IMHO.  This is a sad state of affairs when FT-8 operators are operating in what has been PSK31 territory for last several years. It was bad enough when FT-8 used 18.100 as a major operating frequency which is now virtually useless for PSK31. There have been several other modes displaced due to FT-8 operators.

Jerry  N9AVY

--

When all else fails, Amateur Radio works.

Join main@070Club.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.