Re: Mobile Installations

Jerry N9AVY

When I went mobile back around 2000, just tossed everything in GMC Van and didn't worry about grounding. It all seemed to work out as I drove up to MN on trial run before taking van out out to Maine.

Before going mobile, one should read owner's manual to see if there is anything in manual about radio affecting vehicle's computer. If RF gets into computer, it could mess it up and one might have to have computer replaced which might be big $$$$.

When you're out in the middle of no where is not a good time to find out.

Jerry  n9avy

P.S. TS-50  (100 watts with a HF-1500 Screwdriver antenna)