Tom at Zero Five said that the building should work just fine to work the antenna off of

JEFF WALSH
W3WMU
BUBBAWOOD
WORLDWIDE HEADQUARTERS
STURGIS, MS.

On Tuesday, March 20, 2018 1:53 PM, K8TOM <tsingle@...> wrote:

Jeff,

The metal structure mounting in lieu of wire radials can work well, if you have that option.  As I think I have mentioned before, I mounted a Hustler 6BTV on top of my metal roofed barn at about 40 feet above the dirt.   The antenna and its support are bonded to the metal roof.

I checked the continuity of the roof (between the "tin roof" sheets) before I went that route, and I recommend that you do that check prior to committing to this configuration.  The RF continuity between the "tin roof" sheets seemed good, so I went for it.

Within a few months I managed to get almost all of my initial DXCC contacts with that vertical and it is still the antenna that I use 75% of the time vs the beam. YMMV.

Tom
K8TOM