Re: St. Patty’s Day Contest

Jerry N9AVY

Sherri :

You'll et the hang of contests in time.  Getting logs right has always been a problem for me and I usually end up with a few numbers that don't match or got omitted because I was falling asleep, hi !  Chalk it all up to experience.  The idea of contests is to make you a better operator, able to copy what you hear/see quickly and accurately.

Mat & Paula gave you some starting points and you should be able to take it from there. If you have quesions please ask the list, they're only too glad to help.  It's not like there was money riding on the contest ... or was there ?

Jerry  n9avy

To: 070Club@groups.io
Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2018 9:11 PM
Subject: Re: [070Club] St. Patty’s Day Contest

Thanks, Paula! I will look tomorrow with fresh eyes. I suspect the primary problem lies with me not knowing how the fields in the fldigi log map to an adif file. I really just don't know / can't decide what to use for a logging app so I'm using native logging for now. 🤷

Thanks!
Sherri

On Sat, Mar 17, 2018, 9:34 PM Paula K7PAX #1739 <hamette@...> wrote:
Sherri, if there are errors, they should show up in red further down the page when you look at your results. If you upload again, and check the checkbox to allow all to see your score, we could take a look at the errors and offer some suggestions on how to fix it. If you look at the scorer page, you will see that some callsigns are hyperlinks. If you click them, you can see their results. Take a look at mine – and you will see two errors. Hope this helps!

Paula K7PAX #1739

From: 070Club@groups.io <070Club@groups.io> On Behalf Of Sherri Rapp
Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2018 6:18 PM
To: 070Club@groups.io
Subject: Re: [070Club] St. Patty’s Day Contest

This was a lot of fun. I got 18 QSOs which is more than any other contest so far. Now, I gotta figure out what on Earth happened with my adif file. The scorer awarded me no points. Hmm

Sherri, WB4OSU, 2601

On Sat, Mar 17, 2018, 8:23 PM VA7GEM-1470 via Groups.Io <boat.anchor=yahoo.ca@groups.io> wrote:
Thanks everyone for the contacts.
Hope all derived some enjoyment from the event.
For a change I remembered to upload my log.
73s
Barry

Join main@070Club.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.