Re: Open Up Contests - Reduce Membership Requirement

Richard Rohrer

I am a member of the Field Hell group and in their contests, a member is worth 3 points and a non-member is worth 1 point.  This has helped bring in some new members.  I think the group is up to above 5500 members worldwide, but I seem to work the same 20 or 30 during contests.  I am not sure that lowering the number of contacts will help increase membership significantly, just my opinion.  It seems like joining groups has declined generally in this day and age.

73
Dick - KC3EF
070 - 747