Open Up Contests - Reduce Membership Requirement

Gent's,

Let me weigh in on this.

I wasn't aware we had a "growth" problem.

I'm 070-650 and back when I joined, it was really slow growth for sure.

We actually had a "New Member Jamboree" every time we reached a 100 new member milestone.

I, personally don't think that "diluting" our membership by lowering the membership requirements will do anything positive for the club at all.

Sun spots have been measured for hundreds of years. They go up, and come down. They're down right now, and will come back.

One another note, we have a tremendous knowledge base within our club. When we communicate via our email reflector, can we please remember that it has the potential to be distributed to 2,604 members, (less s/k's and those that have resigned or censured)?

Can we put a hold on the silliness and keep our emails on point?

I don't think that whining, crying and sniveling has anything to do with the 070 Club.

Want a suggestion to help our club grow? To help prospective members learn about us?

More operating events!

In those operating events, call, "CQ CQ 070 Club Members...any station  k"

It's always worked in the past.

And, that's my opinion.

Milt., N6MG

070-650

LONP #76

BUBBAWOOD

WORLDWIDE HEADQUARTERS

STURGIS, MS.

On Tuesday, March 13, 2018 4:20 PM, Donald Bolstad <don@...> wrote:

Yes I am all in favor of opening up the PODXS contests to all, members and non-members alike.  Can have different point values to make it more interesting.

I would also be in favor of reducing the 50 contact requirement for membership.  Seems a bit high in light of the recent activity decline.  Anyone reading this who joined  the club in the last few months care to comment?  How long did it take you to get the 50 contacts in the log??  I'd put the requirement at 25 or even less.  Maybe if a non-club member participates in a club contest and logs, say 10 members, that would qualify.

Don K9DEB
070 #2007
LONP #327