========================

de N2MLP Brian

Monroe County PA

========================

From: 070Club@groups.io [mailto:070Club@groups.io] On Behalf Of JEFF WALSH
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2018 9:19 PM
To: 070Club@groups.io
Subject: Re: [070Club] Open Up Contests - Reduce Membership Requirement

I myself do not believe that just because I had to do it that all others have to ...... I had to learn Morse code to get HF privileges but with the FCC dropping the code requirement  I believe that it has allowed a lot of individuals to become hams who brought to the hobby a wealth of knowledge in regards with the digital side of the hobby who otherwise would have been kept out of the hobby ....

Change can be good or it can be bad ...... but we can't be afraid of change

JEFF WALSH

W3WMU

BUBBAWOOD

WORLDWIDE HEADQUARTERS

STURGIS, MS.

On Tuesday, March 13, 2018 7:41 PM, Mike Besemer - WM4B #348 <mwbesemer@...> wrote:

I’m not a fan of this idea.  I operate less than an hour a day around 0000z and maybe a bit more on weekends.  I make 50 contacts every 2 – 3 weeks – less if there is a contest.  Heck, even if I just do my one-contact-per day for the Calendar endorsement, that’s 30 contacts in a month.  (Granted, there are a few dupes in there, but not that many.)

IMHO, the thrill of the hunt is part of the fun.  That’s why the Clock, Calendar, and WTW endorsements are so much fun.  Why cheapen it?

Mike

WM4B

From: 070Club@groups.io [mailto:070Club@groups.io] On Behalf Of Donald Bolstad

Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2018 5:20 PM

Subject: [070Club] Open Up Contests - Reduce Membership Requirement

Yes I am all in favor of opening up the PODXS contests to all, members and non-members alike.  Can have different point values to make it more interesting.

I would also be in favor of reducing the 50 contact requirement for membership.  Seems a bit high in light of the recent activity decline.  Anyone reading this who joined  the club in the last few months care to comment?  How long did it take you to get the 50 contacts in the log??  I'd put the requirement at 25 or even less.  Maybe if a non-club member participates in a club contest and logs, say 10 members, that would qualify. 

Don K9DEB

070 #2007

LONP #327

Join main@070Club.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.