Re: FT8 THis morning

Martin Tuip

I would totally sponsor a petition to revise the band allocation.

Martin
Kg7hax

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 12:49 PM -0700, "Mike Flowers" <mike.flowers@...> wrote:

>>> We need to lobby the CW folks have too much spectrum, while the digital
modes have to share so little spectrum

Here's how you do it:

https://www.fcc.gov/general/rulemaking

"Most rulemaking proceedings at the Federal Communications Commission start
either because Congress enacts a new telecommunications law or because an
outside party files a Petition for Rulemaking to suggest new rules or
changes to existing rules."

http://www.arrl.org/filing-petitions-and-comments

Petition for Rulemaking:

Sometimes, people want to make rule changes in a new procedure. An
individual may file a Petition for Rulemaking with the FCC. This is not a
short statement with lots of signatures, but specific reasoning as to why a
particular rule change is needed along with any technical data and specific
text of how the petitioner feels the rules should be changed.

- 73 and good DX de Mike, K6MKF, Past President - NCDXC