From: Sherri Rapp <srapp7@...>
To: 070Club@groups.io
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2018 9:04 PM
Subject: Re: [070Club] 40m in IL

Hi, Jerry! It was really great to work you! I saw you call sign and was like "hey I know that guy!" Haha! Yeah, there wasn't much going on PSK yesterday. Looked like a fair number of stations on today, but no one returning CQ nor my answers to their CQ. Even FT8 was awful for me today. Got 1 QSO after a total of an hour to hour and a half of working the radio today. So awful because it was raining, then sleeting, then snowing today, which means I was stuck inside with no joy on the air. Sad.

Sherri, WB4OSU

On Sun, Mar 11, 2018, 11:18 AM Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:
Not looking good today.   Had a nice ragchew with a station in Arkansas because there was no one else on.  Then work a couple others, but copy was very rough !!!  Got a station is ID who was about 10% copy and then worked Sheri, WB4OSU, in NC ... yippee a new 070 #  !!!

Meanwhile, every time I looked at 20m it was full of weird signals which I assumed to be PSK63 for whatever contest is in progress. Don't have whatever mode it is; so been staying on 40m which turns out to provide some interesting & surprising contacts although with a lot of deep fading. With the shape 40m is in now, I assume QRP is probably not a great idea because I could see traces and partial calls on waterfall, but just not enough to make a QSO. BTW , am running auto CQ when you see  my call 3 times and it will not unlock on really weak signals... nature of the beast I guess.

40m was lokking good this last week with signals coming in around 1300 - 1400 UTC. Sure hope to make a few more contacts before summer static makes it even worse.