From: bowerjohn41 <poppajohnbower@...>
To: 070Club@groups.io
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2018 1:30 PM
Subject: Re: [070Club] St Patrick's Day contest

Personally I would be happy for it to be open or closed>
Open it would be a good marketing tool for the club.
Anything we can do to encourage the use of PSK31 is only for the good.
I think that at this late stage of the game this year it would be best to leave it as it is and make the change in 2019.
If we are going to open it up, and require member numbers we will have to standardize the entry for non members_maybe 0000.
Best
John KE4JB

On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 2:14 PM, Matthew King - AK4MK <kk4cps@...> wrote:
Hey, y'all - I was just chatting with Bruce Horn of WA7BNM Contest Calendar/contestcalendar.com fame about the ST Patrick's Day contest being a closed, member's only contest.

Why is it closed? Just because it always has been?  Would anybody have any objection to opening up the contest to the masses, unwashed or or not?

I'm in favor of the idea, but I'd like to hear any detractor's points of view as well.

I didn't just want to "make it so" without some discussion and input from the members on the matter.  Please, let's discuss the pros and cons of making it a public contest.

73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director