Re: It pays to double check Eqsl

Jerry N9AVY

Plain old hard cards are going the way of the dinosaur because it's an inconvenience when you can click on electronic log to QSL  or have the log QSL every bloomin' contact automatically . This seems to be a trend with the newer crop of operators.

Having electronic logs is a convenience and if anyone else has writing like mine it's a necessity !  Running a contest with a paper log is a nightmare...been there, done that. When electronic logs came about they were great. Also came the additional convenience of being able to print out labels for contacts so all one had to do was stick labels on QSLs and send the out. Postage is a problem with all the postal increases and bureaus are almost as expensive; so many choose LoTW and/or Eqsl... it's a cheap alternative. 

Also many QSL card printers have gone out of business.  Remember the first thing new hams did "way back when" was to order 100  QSLs ... those were the days when after your actual license came in the mail (no internet then !) that within a couple weeks you'd be getting mail from QSL printers !

That pretty much stopped with the advent of the internet. Lots of things that used to be disappeared with the internet , it was a mixed blessing.

To: 070Club@groups.io
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2018 8:17 AM
Subject: Re: [070Club] It pays to double check Eqsl

Yet another substantiated reason for simple old paper QSL's and LOTW, because there are so many people who will not do paper QSLs. 

Irv - N3IRV

On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 9:08 AM, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:
Yup,  famous words, "I think I worked him "

Jerry  n9avy

To: 070Club@groups.io
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2018 8:04 AM
Subject: Re: [070Club] It pays to double check Eqsl

I've seen a few of those.  I was operating at the time but no record of the Eqsl contact.  Someone probably saw the Q and decided to make it their own.

Joe
KA1PPV #1482

On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 08:03 AM, Jerry N9AVY wrote:

Ran through Eqsl and noticed a suspicious QSL from an EA5 on PSK31 from 1983.  Checked against log and there was no sign of that EA5.  Didn't get on PSK31 until 2000, so I rejected it.  Either it was an honest mistake or someone was trying to pull a fast one.  Waiting to see if he comes up with a beter QSL .

Jerry  n9avy

Join main@070Club.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.