From: Joseph <ljl2002@...>
To: 070Club@groups.io
Sent: Sunday, March 11, 2018 5:55 PM
Subject: Re: [070Club] 40m in IL

It could be longpath.  Last week I saw a station from BC talking to a
JA.  I was able to see both sides in fact the JA was a bit stronger. You
are right about the QSB.  I hear lots of Hams complaining about it and
asking "Are you still there?"
I remember the good old days because I have a logbook full of Euros
because they were so easy to work.
Now it is much tougher to do.
I should invent a much larger Flux Capacitor.
Joe
KA1PPV  #1482
 On Sun, Mar 11, 2018 at 03:00 PM, Jerry N9AVY wrote:

 Joe:

Would have appreciated the call.  Bands are just WEIRD !   One minute a
station is 599 then gone and a few minutes later back to 599. Between
40/20m I've made a few contacts, but the days when I'd put 50  or so
Europeans in log seems like another world.  Was kind of hoping to see
Wiscowsin stations in WI QSO Party, but guess they all eating brats &
drinking beer.

Did manage to work WM3PEN for PA's 337th Birthday Special Event.  He
even heard me with my beam pointing out West... lots of Europeans have
seems stronger with beam pointed in Westerly direction - longpath,
wrongpath or is my antenna flaky ?
Jerry  n9avy