I should invent a much larger Flux Capacitor.
Joe
KA1PPV  #1482

On Sun, Mar 11, 2018 at 03:00 PM, Jerry N9AVY wrote:

 Joe:

Would have appreciated the call.  Bands are just WEIRD !   One minute a station is 599 then gone and a few minutes later back to 599. Between 40/20m I've made a few contacts, but the days when I'd put 50  or so Europeans in log seems like another world.  Was kind of hoping to see Wiscowsin stations in WI QSO Party, but guess they all eating brats & drinking beer.

Did manage to work WM3PEN for PA's 337th Birthday Special Event.  He even heard me with my beam pointing out West... lots of Europeans have seems stronger with beam pointed in Westerly direction - longpath, wrongpath or is my antenna flaky ?
Jerry  n9avy

From: Joseph <ljl2002@optimum.net>
To: 070Club@groups.io
Sent: Sunday, March 11, 2018 1:13 PM
Subject: Re: [070Club] 40m in IL

Jerry,
There is an EA PSK63 contest on this weekend.  Seeing lots of them here.

Saw you calling CQ on 40m but didn't want to interrupt in case some DX came in.  It seems to be really hit or miss these days but generally there seems to be more sigs and a bit stronger than in recent months. Hopefully it is the start of a trend. You had a good sig into CT though.

See ya.
Joe
KA1PPV  #1482

 On Sun, Mar 11, 2018 at 11:18 AM, Jerry N9AVY wrote:

 Not looking good today.   Had a nice ragchew with a station in Arkansas because there was no one else on.  Then work a couple others, but copy was very rough !!!  Got a station is ID who was about 10% copy and then worked Sheri, WB4OSU, in NC ... yippee a new 070 #  !!!

Meanwhile, every time I looked at 20m it was full of weird signals which I assumed to be PSK63 for whatever contest is in progress. Don't have whatever mode it is; so been staying on 40m which turns out to provide some interesting & surprising contacts although with a lot of deep fading. With the shape 40m is in now, I assume QRP is probably not a great idea because I could see traces and partial calls on waterfall, but just not enough to make a QSO. BTW , am running auto CQ when you see  my call 3 times and it will not unlock on really weak signals... nature of the beast I guess.
40m was lokking good this last week with signals coming in around 1300 - 1400 UTC. Sure hope to make a few more contacts before summer static makes it even worse.