Fine eatin'

K8TOM

Completely OT on the 070 reflector, but I wanted to agree with Jim K5SP on the biscuits and gravy.

Having been raised through adulthood in the East Tennessee/SW Virginia/Smokies area, our most prized meat is what we call "country ham".  That's a crafted ham that is rubbed with salt and maybe a little pepper several times and hung out in the open air to cure.  It has a very distinctive taste and sliced thin as bacon makes the very best gravy for biscuits as well as seasoning meat. My great delight this Christmas was receiving a country ham from my sister who still lives in the area.  Better still my native born Norwegian wife makes biscuits that are every bit as good as any I've had-go figure.  Even my hillbilly dad said so.  I consider myself a very blessed man!

Tom
K8TOM