From: Joseph <ljl2002@...>
To: 070Club@groups.io
Sent: Saturday, March 10, 2018 11:12 AM
Subject: Re: [070Club] What the ....????

Jerry,
Around here they mostly drive Audis, BMW or Mercedes with a Maserati thrown in here or there. They don't call it the Gold Coast for nothing. But it has been my experience that the one's that will always wave you on so you can enter traffic is a guy in a pickup.  The others,,,,nada.  They will see you and make you wait for them.  It happened to me yesterday.  I was waiting to turn into the local hardware store driveway, which is very small, and the oncoming traffic was backing up because of a red light.  The polite thing to do, since you aren't moving, would be to leave a little space so I could pull in and get out of the way.  A woman in a white Maserati pulled up almost directly in the way.  She had more than enough space to pull past because  there was at least a car length in front of her but nope had to stop right there my signal light notwithstanding!  I decided to drive around her, over the curb thanking the car behind her and drive in the parking lot.  That was just my way of saying THANK YOU. ( you can translate if you want to)

You are correct.  This has absolutely nothing to do with radio.

Joe
KA1PPV  #1482

On Sat, Mar 10, 2018 at 11:20 AM, Jerry N9AVY wrote:

Jim:

Ha-ha !    Having a pick'em up  no longer makes you a Southerner.  Drove by the local car dealer here in town and everything that wasn't an SUV was a pick up !  Not a van or car in sight !

They have some good food down there, but I person ally will pass on the biscuits & gravy ... it reminds me of being at Grandma's down in Indiana when after dinner she'd toss leftovers in a dish for cat's outside and it looked just like biscuits & gravy. Poor cats probably had clogged arteries !  But that's one way to get rid of feral cats.
Jerry  n9avy

From: Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...>
Date: 3/9/18 4:40 PM (GMT-06:00)

Several years ago I was out East running mobile in MA and up through ME.  One thing I noticed back then was the it was much easier to get into Europe. Have also noticed that changing QTH by about 350 miles up into MN from my QTH sometimes changes propagation patterns. I guess it's like real estate people say "location..location...location.."... guess that could apply to radio ?

Jerry  n9avy