Re: What the ....????

Joseph <ljl2002@...>

Charles,
I ran into Dennys on my way south and they do a good job too.

Joe
KA1PPV  #1482

On Sat, Mar 10, 2018 at 10:59 AM, Charles Odom, KI4VMK wrote:

Hardee's around here serve biscuit with sausage gravy, pretty good.

Charles, KI4VMK
# 2542
On Mar 10, 2018, at 9:52 AM, Jim K5SP <jinnis@...> wrote:

Love me some biscuits and sausage gravy!  Love me some grits with butter salt and pepper.

Love Texas BBQ, favorite is from the Salt Lick in Driftwood Texas (not the round rock location).  Has been on Man V Food, Guy Fieri, and a couple other TV shows.  It's about a 4-5 hour drive from here so don't go often, but do order it shipped to the house, and it is great.  https://saltlickbbq.com/about-salt-lick/

Love my pickup Truck.  That alone shows I am not a yankee.

But would love to have the propagation that yankees have.

Jim, K5SP

On 3/10/2018 9:13 AM, Joseph wrote:
Jerry,
Jim's no Yankee.  I'll bet his favorite breakfast is sausage gravy and biscuits.  The first time that I visited relatives down South I had it for breakfast and I thought that I died and went to heaven.  I can't have it everyday but when I do it's just about the only thing better than DX. (I said just about)

Joe
KA1PPV  #1482

On Fri, Mar 09, 2018 at 06:57 PM, Jerry N9AVY wrote:

Jim:

On 10m, y'all down in TX used to beat everyone out in the QSO Parties during last sunspot minimum. Al and the guys in and around Houston walked away with highest scores in NA.  You're probably on the Northern Edge of that propagation ! (That might make you a "yankee" , hi !  Hi !

Jerry n9avy

From: Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...>
Date: 3/9/18 4:40 PM (GMT-06:00)

Several years ago I was out East running mobile in MA and up through ME.  One thing I noticed back then was the it was much easier to get into Europe. Have also noticed that changing QTH by about 350 miles up into MN from my QTH sometimes changes propagation patterns. I guess it's like real estate people say "location..location...location.."... guess that could apply to radio ?

Jerry  n9avy