Under usual conditions Euros from here are a piece of cake but over the last year it hasn't been that way so it is good to see the change.  After all there's nothing but water between us.  I also found that I do much better when the geo field is very quiet.  Hopefully things will improve a bit so there is a little excitement on the bands.

Joe
KA1PPV  #1482

On Fri, Mar 09, 2018 at 05:40 PM, Jerry N9AVY wrote:

Several years ago I was out East running mobile in MA and up through ME.  One thing I noticed back then was the it was much easier to get into Europe. Have also noticed that changing QTH by about 350 miles up into MN from my QTH sometimes changes propagation patterns. I guess it's like real estate people say "location..location...location.."... guess that could apply to radio ?

Jerry  n9avy

From: Joseph <ljl2002@...>
To: 070Club@groups.io
Sent: Friday, March 9, 2018 4:00 PM
Subject: Re: [070Club] What the ....????

Jerry,
While I was waiting I turned on the radio and made an effortless contact with F6HCP (Bernard).  100% copy both ways.  It was like the old days.  After that I wandered up 20m and saw JA7OUV!  I can count on two fingers the times that I have even seen JA stations here on the East side.  I called a number of times just for the heck of it but he either faded or went QRT.  Must find a way to spend more BITC.

The times they are a changin.

Joe
KA1PPV  #1482

On Fri, Mar 09, 2018 at 03:35 PM, Jerry N9AVY wrote:

Saw K0JMJ on 20m this afternoon and decided to look up his grid square. It came up AA00aa . Huh ?  So, I decided to do a sear on grid AA00aa and what came up surprised me. Seems there are dozens of stations from all over the world located in this grid square.  But why ???    Think it might be an error either deliberate or a glitch.

Just something to do while waiting for propagation to pick up...