Re: Special Event Calls and Cards

VA7GEM-1470 <boat.anchor@...>

On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 12:17 pm, K8TOM wrote:
Joe,

Yes, I think most of us appreciate the personal touch involved in the paper QSL.  Not only did someone take the time to honor us with the personal reply, but often you get to see their picture, QTH setup or some other aspect of their life that they find to be of note.  Future QSOs with that individual/callsign will likely be informed by the memory of the information on that QSL.

In the days that QSOs were perhaps a bit less numerous, the postage less, and the internet non-existent, I can sure understand paper.  In the present days of digital/FT8 rapid-fire QSO rates it has become a challenge duplicating on paper what the computer allows us to do fairly automatically on the air.

73,

Tom
K8TOM
815

Tom
With over 1600 FT8 contacts so far in 2018 I sure hope paper is passe
Barry