Jerry,
I saw you as you were finishing a QSO with a station, your conversation on the waterfall was going bad.  I did not even get you called before I lost it all.  Not long after I lose the full band, so it was the band.  I too, when I notice other stations on or very close to one I'm on, move.  I'm flexible.  It is a hobby.  I have heard during contest some or local big club get into arguments over a place on the band, exact freq when voice, both claiming to have been there all day.  Big deal, move, have fun.  People will find you.  HI HI
Geary, KE5IRK

On Sun, Feb 25, 2018 at 1:54 PM, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:
Geary:

Saw you earlier in QSO, but you must have called me when the band took a dive or else I was calling CQ and QSYed elsewhere... I'll wait about 30 seconds for an answer and if nothing heard will assume there's another QSO on that frequency and move off it.

Also, if I've had a QSO with a station who calling CQ on a frequency  I will QSY  to another frequency out of courtesy. Should I hear a station calling me I will ask him to move up/down a bit. I learned this many, many years ago.

Jerry  n9avy

From: Geary McDowell <ke5irk@...>
To: 070Club@groups.io
Sent: Sunday, February 25, 2018 1:40 PM
Subject: Re: [070Club] Band Fairly Open

Yuuup, you saw me this morning Jim.  Wish I had gotten a little earlier start.  I worked Belgium and Italy, I saw some others but I forget other than Germany I never got a return from.  I worked five east coast stations and one AZ.  I saw Jerry, N9AVY, gave him a call and instead of the band just shifting a little, I totally lost it.  So I've been playing FT8 since, with only 26 so far, kind of slow, most I see I've had a contact with this month already.  HI HI
73, Geary, KE5IRK

On Sun, Feb 25, 2018 at 8:30 AM, Jim K5SP <jinnis@...> wrote:
Band seems to be fairly open this morning at 1420Z.  On 20m and have seen a 7 station working Geary KE5IRK, Jerry N9AVy was blanking my screen, then worked Europe (IU6FIT), CA (KJ6OMV), seeing ON3ANY, and an IT9 station.  So pretty fair in both E and W directions this morning.
--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director