Re: Gap Titan DX

Fr Richard R

Wow, nice weather......!!!!

I have a wonderful Titan; it is still in the box...... been that way for a couple of years.... keep saying I am going to assemble it (maybe somebody close will volunteer) ...... been using wires forever.....
WX may be getting nicer in next month or so, maybe then.....

Fr Richard
WB8YXF

On Thursday, February 22, 2018, 3:43:41 PM EST, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:

Looks like you need a chain saw for all those trees.  Bzzz... an antenna is safe.

Probably would have been a good idea to have one of those tilt over base plates for the GAP.  Remember seeing them somewhere recently.  Might be a good investment  about $150 for cheaper model and almost $500 for the really good one.   Probably best to just replace the bent section .

Hate ice storms. Had one a few years ago and the yagi elements went inverted U-shape; fortunately they thawed out back into shape.

Good luck Jim !

Jerry  n9avy

To: 070Club@groups.io
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2018 2:28 PM
Subject: Re: [070Club] Gap Titan DX

We got it bad. Trees down everywhere, my backyard is trashed from my tree, and neighbors trees. One of his pines sent a branch into the guy for the titan, almost bent it double, and then froze like that. Now maybe the xyl will see the need for the generator I have been asking for.

JIM K5SP 

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S®6 active, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

-------- Original message --------
Date: 2/22/18 1:22 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: 070Club@groups.io
Subject: Re: [070Club] Gap Titan DX

What?  A HAM w/o emergency backup power.  HI HI that is when I end up at the EOC 1 mile east.  Did you get a lot of ice?  We had about an inch of sleet, two heavy rains today so far, finally above freezing.
Geary, KE5IRK
Lawton-Fort Sill,OK

On Thu, Feb 22, 2018 at 10:48 AM, Jim K5SP <jinnis@...> wrote:
My Gap Titan in this ice storm. No power, no radio.

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director

--
When all else fails, Amateur Radio works.

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director

Join main@070Club.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.