Re: Lots of Europe this morning

Joseph <ljl2002@...>

Geary,

Seems like you are located in a great spot especially for PODXS contests.

I remember Lawton/Ft Sill.  I was stationed there in 1975 for AIT.  I bet it hasn't changed.

Hope 2 C U OTA!
73
Joe
KA1PPV  #1482

On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 02:08 PM, Geary McDowell wrote:

My seeing PSK has improved since the first of the year for unknown reasons.  HI HI  It got better just like it got really bad nine years ago.  Once in a while I have a good day and can see a few stations, sometimes I even get to have a QSO with them.  I have started doing a lot of FT8, not a contester normally, but I'm having fun with the grid chase and that my station is working well.  I have had the best luck with my Alpha Delta LB+ running NW to SE across the house at 25 feet on my tower with ends at about 8 ft.  Today my 6 band vertical is kicking it big.  I mostly see stations in the eastern 1/3 of Canada and New England, then off to Florida and Georgia.  On the other side I see a lot of Arizona and some New Mexico then a lot of California.  Not a lot otherwise, but some as I just finished FT8 WAS and finished last week WAS on Digital in general LoTW shows me short four for PSK, but I have cards, I think, from them.  So at times I am able to do well.  I prefer PSK, and have been greatly frustrated not being able to see people.  Honestly I have not been back over at night.  I'll try to do that tonight.  Feel free to email my at my call at gmail.  I am the Mr. Mom in our house, even though the daughters are adults, but the three females here all have different work schedules and it keeps my retired self busy.  HI HI  Thank, I have talked to the TX Traffic Net some, but many days cannot do that either.
73, Geary, KE5IRK
Lawton-Fort Sill, OK, still partying on Earth.

On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 11:47 AM, Jim K5SP <jinnis@...> wrote:

Geary,

Would love to work you, but think we would have to work via ground wave on 40/80 in the evenings.  You are just about 130 miles NW of me. Not sure why you are not hearing much, during the contest my waterfall was pretty good on 40/80 starting at 0000z and finally shut down the rig at about 0330Z.  (only operated off and on during that time).

N5SLY is in Sherman, and I never heard him at all during the contest, yet he scored well.  Have only a couple of qso's with him since he became a member.

If you want, will try to be on 40/80 this evening to attempt a qso.

73,

Jim, K5SP

On 2/19/2018 11:23 AM, Geary McDowell wrote:
Jerry I saw three European stations working this morning about 0800 Oklahoma time.  Then PSK went dead here, again.  FT8 has tons of European stations going.  I would rather work PSK, that way 1) I have to pay more attention and 2) there can be a rag chew once in a while too.  HI HI
73, Geary, KE5IRK
Lawton-Fort Sill, OK, USA, northern hemisphere, Earth and for now the Milky Way

On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 10:35 AM, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:
Seeing bunches of DL, F, I, HG  etc. on waterfall this morning. DL1NRC  is on if anyone needs an "N" for WTW.

Great to see opening to Europe !

Maybe the rain this morning cleaned all the gunk of my beam , hi !

Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director