Re: 5 signals simultaneously ???

B C <k9wis@...>

Gee. I can transmit more than that at a time just by cranking up the drive and filling the band with sidebands...hi hi
Brian K9WIS

---- Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Well this is just a bit weird and seems like we're just one step away from making operator obsolete....  from 425 DX Bulletin

FT8 DXPEDITION MODE ---> A "Release Candidate" version (WSJT-X v1.9.0-rc1)
of the WSJT-X digimode software is due to be released later this month. It
will introduce a new "FT8 DXpedition Mode", whose basic goal is to enable
DXpeditions to make FT8 QSOs at the highest possible rates. The DXpedition
station (the "Fox") will be able to transmit up to five signals
simultaneously, and contact multiple calling stations (the "hounds") at the
same time. The new mode will permit contacts to be completed with as little
as one Fox transmission per contact, and sustained rates of several hundred
QSOs/hour are expected to be possible. Making FT8 QSOs with KH1/KH7Z (this
summer's expedition to Baker Island) will require the DXpedition and
everyone trying to work them to use the new version of WSJT-X. A draft of
the "FT8 DXpedition Mode User Guide" can be found at
http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/FT8_DXpedition_Mode.pdf.