Re: East, West, and in between on 160m

Randy True

I'm using a simple 160M dipole at about 25" an I have had good luck on 160. But again, most contacts have been East coast lataly.

Randy W4RTT

From: 070Club@groups.io <070Club@groups.io> on behalf of Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...>
Sent: Thursday, February 1, 2018 10:39 AM
To: 070Club@groups.io
Subject: Re: [070Club] East, West, and in between on 160m

Think it might be a combination of all those factors plus a bit of "luck".

Had a bit of luck with my 160m Alpha-Delta DX-A homebrew dual sloper on 160 and managed to work a station in Iowa running 5 watts in July one year, but then I replaced it with a "real"  DX-A  and things were never the same' in that I couldn't load up on 160m . With temp currently at 16 F  it now looks like a Spring/Summer project.

I'd suggest y'all keep trying 160 because I suspect some days on that band are hotter than others.

Jerry n9avy