Re: Hustler 6BTV

Jim K5SP

Dan, I was stationed on Whidbey Island back in 67-69, when there was a Naval Communications Station there.� Spent about 3 months in relay center on the old seaplane base, and the rest of my time as supervisor at the transmitter site called Rocky Point.

Experienced the same thing you did, was not prepared for the strange weather they have up there.� Great salmon fishing though!

Jim, KI5SP

On 1/31/2018 8:46 PM, Dan Morris wrote:
I lived in Bremerton , WA for two years while in the military back from 72-74 going to school at Olympic College. �I was told about the weather but did not believe anyone. �Well, Got there in Aug of 72 and from about the end of Sept till sometime in DEC the sun did not shine at all and very rainy. �But people around there were used to it and when they made plans they were prepared. �Fortunately, the following year was quite a bit different except for the rain. �I did have a great time there though. �Even went up to Port Angeles �and went shrimping with a friend of ours.

Dan Morris �KZ3T

On Jan 31, 2018, at 7:14 PM, K8TOM <tsingle@...> wrote:

Dick,

Ah, visiting the Pacific NW in August.� �It's a great time to visit, as it's the least likely time for us to have significant rainfall.�

Unless I plan an outdoor adventure, that is.� A while back I did a 10 day (pedal) bike camping trip through Western WA and BC in August.� Seven days of rain, as I remember.� So, as they say, Your Mileage May Vary.

73,�
Tom�
K8TOM

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director

Join main@070Club.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.