Re: Hustler 6BTV

Joseph Molon <ljl2002@...>

David,

So true.  There is always something that you can't get even if you have a 500 ft. tower and a monster beam.

Rolling Stones said it well,

"You can't always get what you want."
"But if you try sometime you find
you get what you need."

In my case Time is on my Side works too.

It's about having fun with radio.

Good exchanges about antennas.

Joe
KA1PPV  #1482

On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 06:18 PM, David Rock wrote:

On Jan 31, 2018, at 09:47, Jerry N9AVY wrote:

We all need to keep in mind that we all face different challenges in getting antennas installed; everything from hurricane resistance to stupid HOAs. Different areas of the U.S. have different propagation patterns than those on East Coast who can usually work Europe consistently while the West coast gets decent openings to Asia. It's a different game for many of us, but being smart, resourceful operators we face the challenges and make things work to our advantage as best as possible. That's what ham radio is about.
The main thing I live by is: "Enjoy the contacts you can make, rather than lament the ones you can’t.”

My setup is modest, but especially working digital I have been very successful making contacts. I may not be able to hit every existing station, but I know I have not hit all stations I’m capable of reaching yet, either. :-)

David, K9DWR
#1604 LONP #255
david@graniteweb.com