From: Richard Rohrer <kc3ef1@...>
To: 070Club@groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2018 4:30 PM
Subject: Re: [070Club] Hustler 6BTV

Hi Rick,

For several years when I lived in MD, we lived in a restricted community.  The HOA rules said no “ham radio transmitting antennas” were allowed.  I put a loop in the attic and tuned it with the AH-4 tuner, so it worked ok.   Also had a 2 mtr/432 dipole, which worked quite well and had a lot of fun working VHF/UHF contests and  ran ATV thru the ATV repeater in Baltimore. It was a three story house so the antennas were 30 ft off the ground.   The only RFI problem I had was killing the xyl’s mouse on her computer.  A wireless mouse fixed that.  After living in ham radio restricted community we decided that never again.  I know that finding a nice area that is not restricted can be very hard in some areas.   We decided when we moved to FL to look in some order communities that did not have restrictions and it has payed off for use.  We live in a nice quite area, but within 5 miles of all the shopping and restaurants you could think of.  Handy when I need to run to Home Depot for stuff.

I may re-read the DX Engineering booklet for the antenna and try to tune out some of the reactance.  I know you can determine with 259B, I just need to find out how to do it, I know it is shown on the internet.

The next time you are trying 160 let me know and I will try and make a contact.  We are heading for the Pacific Northwest in August so say tuned for more (hopefully rare grids).

73
Dick – KC3EF