73
Joe
KA1PPV  #1482

On Sun, Jan 28, 2018 at 04:35 PM, Jim K5SP wrote:

Jerry, the WFD web site had an example exchange showing phonetic exchanges. They must not have seen that the example was for SSB operation.

JIM K5SP

-------- Original message --------
From: Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...>
Date: 1/28/18 1:31 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: 070Club@groups.io
Subject: [070Club] WFD

One thing I noticed while working WFD....  many stations were send their exchange phonetically.  It's a waste of time on PSK and certainly inefficient.  Kind of a "newbie" thing, I guess. Slows down the number of contacts per hour (rate).

The other thing I noticed is at 1900 UTC when contest stopped it got really quiet.. literally could hear a pin drop on 20m , hi !

Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director