Re: Winter Field Day

B C <k9wis@...>

Winter FD reminds me of winter camp when I was a scout...Up here that means minus temps, snow and wind...It left me scarred for life.. hi hi

Brian K9WIS

---- Matthew King - AK4MK <kk4cps@gmail.com> wrote:

Our local club is planning on a Winter Field Day event this year. We will
have a digital station for sure, and though I'm sure there'll be some FT-8
too, there'll be plenty of PSK-31!

Look into it, y'all - it should be great fun!

*73*

*Matt King*
*AK4MK - 070 #1708*
*PODXS 070 Club Executive Director*

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 6:24 AM, John Kirby <n3aaz_qrp_1@juno.com> wrote:

psk is winter fun!

Outdoor: Operation from a location partly or fully exposed to the elements
and at least 30 feet away from your normal station location and not using
any part of a previously erected antenna system or ham station. A
campground, park pavilion, canopy, picnic table, tent, pop- up camper, or a
backyard shed/tent/deck, etc may be used. Operation from a non-insulated
car/truck/van/boat (mobile or not) is considered “outdoor”.

"outdoor" ? Maybe a Jeep Rangler at waters edge?

"When: Winter Field Day runs for 24 hours during the last full weekend in
January each year from 1900 UTC (2pm EST) Saturday to 1900 UTC (2pm EST)
Sunday. For 2018, the dates are January 27th and 28th. Station set-up may
commence no earlier than 1900 UTC (2pm EST) on Friday, January 26th.
Station setup may consume no more than 12 hours total. How & when you
schedule/spend those 12 hours is up to you."

https://www.winterfieldday.com

Solar power, 5W, psk31 and brand new never tested 130 ft ultrimax, ef,
80-10, 1kV, inv L, from new grid
72 73
John
N3AAZ