Re: Winter Field Day

Matthew King - AK4MK

Our local club is planning on a Winter Field Day event this year.  We will have a digital station for sure, and though I'm sure there'll be some FT-8 too, there'll be plenty of PSK-31!

Look into it, y'all - it should be great fun!

73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director

On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 6:24 AM, John Kirby <n3aaz_qrp_1@...> wrote:
psk is winter fun!

Outdoor: Operation from a location partly or fully exposed to the elements and at least 30 feet away from your normal station location and not using any part of a previously erected antenna system or ham station. A campground, park pavilion, canopy, picnic table, tent, pop- up camper, or a backyard shed/tent/deck, etc may be used. Operation from a non-insulated car/truck/van/boat (mobile or not) is considered “outdoor”.

"outdoor" ? Maybe a Jeep Rangler at waters edge?

"When: Winter Field Day runs for 24 hours during the last full weekend in January each year from 1900 UTC (2pm EST) Saturday to 1900 UTC (2pm EST) Sunday. For 2018, the dates are January 27th and 28th. Station set-up may commence no earlier than 1900 UTC (2pm EST) on Friday, January 26th. Station setup may consume no more than 12 hours total. How & when you schedule/spend those 12 hours is up to you."

 https://www.winterfieldday.com

Solar power, 5W, psk31 and brand new never tested 130 ft ultrimax, ef, 80-10, 1kV, inv L, from new grid
72 73
John
N3AAZ