Re: Clock #119 - By the Skin of my Teeth!

Jerry N9AVY

Considering the prop forcasts for the next few years, that would be one of those "hold my beer and watch this..." moments !

Jerry

To: 070Club@groups.io
Sent: Sunday, January 14, 2018 8:58 PM
Subject: Re: [070Club] Clock #119 - By the Skin of my Teeth!

Time to introduce the 5 band 24/7......hi hi
Brian K9WIS

---- "Fr Richard R via Groups.Io" <rickocr2005=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
> Wow an accomplishment.  Yes Jerry, sometime remorse sets in for me also, when I finish something, then all of a sudden I am done and it is like a let down, slow down -- then I think, oh what about........ time to start another goal.
>
> Good advice Rick.
> CU y'all down the log.....
>
>
> Fr RichardWB8YXF2328
>
>
>
>    On Sunday, January 14, 2018, 8:23:35 PM EST, Mike Besemer <mwbesemer@...> wrote:
>
>  That’s kind of the way I feel about reaching 120.  Always need another plateau to reach; that’s what makes us human.
>
> 73,
>
> Mike
> WM4B
>
> From: 070Club@groups.io [mailto:070Club@groups.io] On Behalf Of Jerry N9AVY
> Sent: Sunday, January 14, 2018 7:21 PM
> To: 070Club@groups.io
> Subject: Re: [070Club] Clock #119 - By the Skin of my Teeth!
>
> When I finished the 24/7 I was grateful for all the help I got from 070 members  ...  had remorse that it was done...  yet at the same time I was glad it was over; much like beating your head against a wall and realizing how good it felt to stop, hi !  hi !
> jerry  n9avy
> ________________________________________
> From: Rick - N7WE <n7we1980@...>
> To: 070Club@groups.io
> Sent: Sunday, January 14, 2018 6:00 PM
> Subject: Re: [070Club] Clock #119 - By the Skin of my Teeth!
>
> This thread has a lot of good tips here for the 24/7 endorsement.  Here's some of my experience.
> 1)  Here in the CONUS remember to take advantage of the time zone spread.  0800 UTC is 3 AM EST, but that is only 12 midnight on the west coast.  Likewise, 1100 UTC is 3 AM PST, but 6 AM on the east coast.  And like Mike said, the shift to DST moves things around - and AZ does something different that the rest of the country and that opens up other possibilies too.
> 2)  Scheds are really good and I always found several willing to stay up/get up just by posting on the reflector.  It helps to give about 36 to 48 hours notice and what your plan is for bands.  I found fewer takers on the mid-week slots.  They were my tough ones.
> 3)  Temporary antennas can help.  I'm HOA - restricted to a vertical which has a low (read long skip) takeoff angle.  I strung a temporary long wire to get more like a NVIS for 40/80 on occasion.  It helped with closer in stations.  It went up and down many times!
> The 070 club is a really great group of people and you will find lots ready to help.  All you have to do is let us know when and where!  This is a really fun, but hard, endorsement.  Those that have done it will tell you you get a really, really great sense of accomplishment when you finish!
> --
> Rick - N7WE
> 070 - #1602
>
>
>
>
>
>

Join main@070Club.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.