Re: Clock #119 - By the Skin of my Teeth!

Mike Besemer <mwbesemer@...>

I agree that the bands are always open somewhere – to some extent. PSKFest and Field Day prove that.

Mike
WM4B

From: 070Club@groups.io [mailto:070Club@groups.io] On Behalf Of Jerry N9AVY
Sent: Sunday, January 14, 2018 5:52 PM
To: 070Club@groups.io
Subject: Re: [070Club] Clock #119 - By the Skin of my Teeth!

As we move into poorer propagation on the bands, we just have to take what we can get. Bands like 40/80m will pobably be the best producers of contacts. There's the old saying that the bands are always open to somewhere, but whether or not that's true is questionable. However, you;ll never know until you try.

When working on 24/7 times slots there were many times when there were no contacts in the 0600-1200 hours. Be persistent and keep plugging away at it ! If this were an easy endorsement there would be more working at it. Become an "owl on the branch".

Sent: Sunday, January 14, 2018 4:18 PM
Subject: Re: [070Club] Clock #119 - By the Skin of my Teeth!

The strategy I used for the late hours was to plan for catnaps. wake up, make a contact or two (preferably just before and just after the top of the hour), then take another nap. I found that a lot easier than trying to do them while staying up in long blocks.

Good luck!

David, K9DWR
#1604 LONP #255
david@graniteweb.com

On Jan 14, 2018, at 14:49, Mike Besemer <mwbesemer@cox.net> wrote:

Don’t forget, when we shift back to DST, the local time will shift to the left relative to zulu time. That makes some squares easier and some harder; good to plan accordingly.

Mike
WM4B

Join main@070Club.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.