Re: Grids

Jerry N9AVY

Think a lot of good people left ARRL.   Dave Patton,  NN1N, who came up with the original LoTW idea, Centennial Event, and helped streamline the QSL Bureau, has left ARRL and is now back in Illinois working at Western IL University.  Other have left as well, but ARRL are probably not aware yet.

My little Excel sheet has 2 columns, one for grid and one for state.  My computer skills aren't up to those of others; so I had to separate the long column and a cut & paste (with real glue stick & scissors).., to get it to fit one one 8 1/2 x 11 " sheet and copied it on printer.  If the sheet get worn/messy I can go back to Excel and edit it to remove grids worked and start the process again.

It works for me and it's something to do when bands are dead.  Been a fan of Excel and its Open Office equivalent for years.

Maybe someday someone will come up with software to do the job, but for now I wouldn't look to ARRL for it.

Jerry  n9avy #454

To: 070Club@groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2018 6:50 PM
Subject: [070Club] Grids

I’ve started using the FFMA I think it is, found the spreadsheet at ARRL.  It helps, easy to use, but my problem is going back to LOTW every few days to find more confirmed QSOs.  Seems like I have to go through the whole list every time .  There has to to be a better way.  Surprised one of the contest scoring people, ARRL or a software developer does not have one.
Geary, KE5IRK

Join main@070Club.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.