Re: Grids

Bill Garwood

Jerry,

I made a chart like that but I also have a copy of the ARRL Grid Locator for North America map.  It is printed in landscape format on regular 8 1/2 by 11 paper.  What I do is I put a red dot in the square of every grid that shows worked in the 070 Checker.  I occasionally will pull up the info on the checker and be sure my chart agrees with the grids approved by the checker.  At a quick glance, I can see if I have that grid.  I have most of the grids in the eastern US but a lot of spaces left in the west.  I also put an X in the squares that the 070 awards do not use.

Happy Radio!

Bill N4GBK in NC 

From: 070Club@groups.io <070Club@groups.io> on behalf of Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...>
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2018 11:15:51 PM
To: 070Club@groups.io
Subject: [070Club] Grids

A few months ago I made a little list of needed grids using Excel and keep next to radio so when I work a grid I can quickly see if I need it.  It has been very helpful/  Last night I compared it to the checker  and found that a few had been worked .   Crossed them off list, but found a couple that were missing and not worked.

Wonder if anyone working on grids does same ???    Still have lots of grids to work and it may be years before I finish , if ever. 

Jerry  n9avy

Join main@070Club.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.