Re: Antennas

Jerry N9AVY

Up here in frozen North, some of us put a few turns of electrical tape at every joint because ice/water can migrate into cracks and cause damage.

Jerry n9avy

From: JEFF WALSH <jeffwalsh1644@...>
To: 070Club@groups.io
Sent: Sunday, January 7, 2018 5:10 PM
Subject: Re: [070Club] Antennas

Jerry ... ur absolutly right ....has pulverized copper in it ,,,,, I believe the original patent expired years ago so it now available by under several brand names ..... great stuff if u live near salt water..... when i lived in FL I put a wipe on any part when working on my boat that was used only in salt water ... still use it and swear by it here MS

JEFF WALSH
W3WMU
BUBBAWOOD
WORLDWIDE HEADQUARTERS
STURGIS, MS.

On Sunday, January 7, 2018 4:59 PM, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:

Jeff:

Stuff I use has copper flakes in it and is used to prevent oxidation of aluminum wires in electrical circuits from causing fires, etc.   It's marketed under a variety  of names like Penetrox by companies like Ideal, GC (are they still around?).

Jerry  N9AVY

BUBBAWOOD
WORLDWIDE HEADQUARTERS
STURGIS, MS.

On Sunday, January 7, 2018 3:07 PM, Mike Besemer <mwbesemer@...> wrote:

I absolutely agree with you.  I’m surprised they don’t recommend it… more so that they recommend a dry joint.

Mike
WM4B