Re: The waterfall is full!

Geary McDowell <gearymcdowell@...>

Thanks Rick, I have have major SWR issues for years here, nine yrs, and no one has been able to figure them out.  I sold my vertical a couple of months ago, usually my best antenna.  I was checking my small Alpha Delta when the rope broke and it fell on me.  So I had to rely on the big boy, the Alpha Delta LB+, which was great when I put it up, but pretty sorry the last few years.  As long as I keep my power down around 20 to 25 watts for all HF comms, the SWR stays around 2.0 or less.  Better than the >31 my analyzer normally shows me.  Maybe the cold below freezing wx we had for several days got the length of that wire the correct length.  HI HI  My hearing is so bad about all I do is digital, so when something is happening it is good.  Zero QSOs in the 2017 ARRL Field Day was pretty disappointing, but yesterday was good.  I've been able to do 30-50 a day on FT8 when I do it, but I like good conversations sometimes too, so I enjoy PSK better overall.  I was happy with my thirty.  I did upload last night, and will again when I see the "all clear" to reupload.
Thanks again Rick, seems like I am one of a few Oklahoma stations on PSK and always glad to give other HAMs OK.
73, Geary KE5IRK

On Sunday, January 7, 2018 9:00 AM, Rick - N7WE <n7we1980@...> wrote:

Geary-
Glad you had fun.  That's what it is all about.  And thanks for the QSO.  You were my only Oklahoma in the entire contest!  Hope you made some good progress on endorsements as well.  The contests, and particularly PSK Fest bring out a lot of operators all at the same time.  Please do post your log up to the contest scorer when Matt gives us the "all clear."  There is no such thing "too few to post."  If you log one QSO you've earned an atta boy sticker!