73,

KI4VMK
# 2542

On Jan 4, 2018, at 12:47 PM, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:
Just heard this one on 20m PSK ...      " ... locals have never driven on this stuff before and there are accidents all over ..."

Obviously referring to snow and ice... been there saw that years ago.  People in those climates tend to drive on "Bald Eagles" and have never driven on slick surfaces before.  When I got my drivers license there was a shopping center nearby which had a clear iced over parking lot; so took my vehicle (2 WD)  out a did donuts with every intention of losing control, but I quickly learned how to make a recovery from skids and spins.  Later, driving in all kids of weather it paid off; especially on "black ice".

Maybe someone could open up an ice rink in the South for the same reasons and make a fortune charging $100+  an hour for the thrill of what we experience every Winter up North ?