Re: Words of wisdom

Mike Besemer <mwbesemer@...>

Trust me... as a Georgia resident and former Michigander who learned to drive on ice and snow the same way you did, we do NOT want these people to even ATTEMPT to drive in those conditions.  They already have too much confidence and a little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

Some of these folks are the first generation off a mule... bless their hearts!  :>)

Mike
WM4B

On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 1:47 PM, Jerry N9AVY wrote:

 Just heard this one on 20m PSK ...      " ... locals have never driven on this stuff before and there are accidents all over ..."

Obviously referring to snow and ice... been there saw that years ago.  People in those climates tend to drive on "Bald Eagles" and have never driven on slick surfaces before.  When I got my drivers license there was a shopping center nearby which had a clear iced over parking lot; so took my vehicle (2 WD)  out a did donuts with every intention of losing control, but I quickly learned how to make a recovery from skids and spins.  Later, driving in all kids of weather it paid off; especially on "black ice".

Maybe someone could open up an ice rink in the South for the same reasons and make a fortune charging $100+  an hour for the thrill of what we experience every Winter up North ?  *=)) rolling on the floor