Re: 24x7 - Long Night!

Jody Carter

Happy New Year's, gents...  I wasn't totally sure if I'd take a stab at it last night, Jerry, so I didn't say anything until the last minute. I'm going to get a QSO in the 19:00 UTZ slot here shortly to fill in a random hole that I have in my completion chart.  That'll put me at 111 slots filled. Shooting for 120 soon - but probably not this week! =0)

I do have a few local 6AM, 7AM, and 8AM slots I could probably complete if I can just plan my morning routine accordingly a bit.  The bands have been so uncooperative lately, as Mike said!

73 de KJ0DY

To: 070Club@groups.io
Sent: Monday, January 1, 2018 9:53 AM
Subject: Re: [070Club] 24x7 - Long Night!

I have 14 more ‘normal person’ timeslots to fill; wish I’d been paying more attention while I was off work the past 2 weeks – the weekday slots will be hard to fill once I go back to work.

The 0000 – 0600 Local slots are going to go unfilled until the bands get better.  I’ll get a little help with those when DST comes back, but I’m not staying up at night the way the bands have been.  Goal for the moment is 120.

Mike
WM4B

From: 070Club@groups.io [mailto:070Club@groups.io] On Behalf Of Jerry N9AVY
Sent: Monday, January 1, 2018 10:40 AM
Subject: Re: [070Club] 24x7 - Long Night!

Jody:

Wish you had made this announcement a few hours earlier so more of us would have been looking for you.

Jerry  n9avy

Sent: Monday, January 1, 2018 1:08 AM
Subject: [070Club] 24x7 - Long Night!

Am deciding to take advantage of being off work tomorrow to attack some of my missing blocks in the 24x7 Challenge. Band conditions are killing me, though!!  I'm actively calling CQ, swapping between 40m and 80m every few minutes, as well as between the 2 antennas I have in the yard. Hoping to get something in this 07:00 UTC hour, and to be able to stay awake for the 08:00 UTC hour!

I'm no where near finishing - but just slowly working towards it.

Jody
KJ0DY

Join main@070Club.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.