Re: 10M

Randy True

FT8 is a much better weak signal mode as well. I've had many contacts that didn't even show on the waterfall.

Randy W4RTT

From: 070Club@groups.io <070Club@groups.io> on behalf of Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...>
Sent: Friday, December 29, 2017 1:19 PM
To: 070Club@groups.io
Subject: Re: [070Club] 10M

Perhaps some went to FT-8 thing there was more DX activity, but there are not as many DX stations as they may have thought. There was some talk I heard about running FT-8 on DXpeditions, but I think it may have been just that.
Although FT-8 does lend itself well for "599 QSL" contacts.

Still prefer PSK31 for general contacts and getting to know other hams.  Haven't been on SSB for a long time and don't miss it. Read something the other day about phone bands being a big mess with all the idiots.  Guess SSB was always like that from my 40 years experience.

Welcome to the "new and  improved " ham radio -   NOT !

Jerry  n9avy