Re: Need a 'U' for my Spell All South American Countries Endorsement

Dan Morris - KZ3T

Ok and that is not a problem and my bad for not really reading the rules, however, I read (and only saw) the ‘suffix’ and ‘assumed’ anything after the number.  I read the part about ‘generally. . .’ but that did not register with me since I already saw ‘suffix’ — If this all makes sense!!

Dan Morris  KZ3T

I live to live for Him!

On Dec 28, 2017, at 8:02 PM, Stephen Melachrinos <melachri@...> wrote:

There have been a number of 070 endorsements (and contests) based on "suffix", and they have always been defined and/or interpreted as the first letter after the last number in the callsign. In addition to BINGO and WOTMC (word of the month), there was MONA and HER CAT (2003, 070's first use of a suffix-based endorsement), WTW (ongoing), and the ERIN GO BRAGH bonus points in the St Patty's day contest.

Yes, it probably could (and should) be more carefully worded in all of the various places where it's used, but I think the club's intent to be consistent is clear.

P.S. The "in general" in the rules is to allow for some strange cases. JY1 and VB7150 are examples where this rule fails.