From: Dan Morris <dbmorris315@...>
To: 070Club@groups.io
Sent: Thursday, December 28, 2017 6:34 PM
Subject: Re: [070Club] Need a 'U' for my Spell All South American Countries Endorsement

Not trying to look for any shortcuts.  Just trying to be a little logical .

The meaning of ‘suffix’ is:

a letter or a group of letters added to the end of a word, etc. or append, especially as a suffix — that definition tells me it is all the letters after the number in a call sign.

When someone on the air asks you for your suffix, do you just give them the ‘A’  or do you give them
‘AVY’   -  With my old call I can remember and I have still seen people ask for the suffix of their call and they give them all the letters following the number.

Dan Morris  KZ3T  070-1065

I live to live for Him!

On Dec 28, 2017, at 7:27 PM, Jerry N9AVY <n9avy@...> wrote:

I've always Interpreted the suffix as the first letter after the numeral.  Thus, N9AVY  will only count as an "A" .  Of course with a call like KZ3T there is only one choice of a suffix. :-)

Maybe thus needs to be better defined in rules, but I guess there will always be those who look for shortcuts. (no offense)

Jerry  N9AVY