From: 070Club@groups.io [mailto:070Club@groups.io] On Behalf Of Stephen Melachrinos
Sent: Thursday, December 28, 2017 8:03 PM
To: 070Club@groups.io
Subject: Re: [070Club] Need a 'U' for my Spell All South American Countries Endorsement

There have been a number of 070 endorsements (and contests) based on "suffix", and they have always been defined and/or interpreted as the first letter after the last number in the callsign. In addition to BINGO and WOTMC (word of the month), there was MONA and HER CAT (2003, 070's first use of a suffix-based endorsement), WTW (ongoing), and the ERIN GO BRAGH bonus points in the St Patty's day contest.

Yes, it probably could (and should) be more carefully worded in all of the various places where it's used, but I think the club's intent to be consistent is clear.

P.S. The "in general" in the rules is to allow for some strange cases. JY1 and VB7150 are examples where this rule fails.

_._,_._,_