Re: Replying to Welcome Messages

Barry 1470 <boat.anchor@...>

Good point Ray

On Wed, Dec 27, 2017 at 07:16 pm, Ray Clements wrote:
I do not believe it is wise to add members to the group without their prior permission. This group has a lot of traffic, especially during special events. There have been a few times I have been inundated with emails and considered dropping my name from the group. However, since my Internet connection is very fast, I just delete the 070 emails I do not wish to read.

Not all members have high-speed Internet with unlimited usage. For those with limited Internet speeds or metered usage, the volume of email generated by the group could be problematic.

I suggest that the application form be modified to ask the question "Would you like to be included in the 070Club group on groups.io? This will enable you to send and receive emails to and from other group members.  Please indicate:  Yes / No ?"

Ray N9RWC

------ Original Message ------
From: "Barry 1470 via Groups.Io" <boat.anchor@...>
To: 070Club@groups.io
Subject: Re: [070Club] Replying to Welcome Messages

Jim
Maybe we cud take the approach that their application includes
membership in the group and sign them up when approved. That way they
wud see the emails.
regards
Barry

On Wed, Dec 27, 2017 at 05:35 pm, Jim K5SP wrote:
Yeah, I discovered that after I sent that message.  Will have to figure out how to make sure replies get to the new member if they are not on the reflector.

Jim, K5SP

On 12/27/2017 5:55 PM, Barry 1470 via Groups.Io wrote:
Jim
I reply using web interface at https://groups.io/g/070Club/message/54514
I do not seem to find any way to Reply All
HNY
Barry

On Wed, Dec 27, 2017 at 11:29 am, Jim K5SP wrote:
I send out the welcome messages to new members right after I send them their membership email.

When you reply to one of those welcome messages most likely the new member has not requested access to the group, therefore they may not see your response.

When I send the welcome message it goes to the group and the new member via his email address, so maybe a reply to all might ensure he gets your response.

--
Jim,  K5SP #483
Member Services Director

--