Re: ARRL Grid 2018

Dan Morris - KZ3T

So true Matt, definitely not conversational.  It is really for only search and pounce like in a contest and that’s about it.  I have actually played with it and have about 20 or so contacts but not something I’ll holler too much about.  It’s just okay but I much prefer PSK31/63/125 —

Dan Morris  KZ3T  070-1065

I live to live for Him!

On Dec 22, 2017, at 6:09 PM, Matthew King - AK4MK <kk4cps@...> wrote:

Well put, Brian!

FT-8 has its place, but it's not "conversational" by definition and protocol, and conversation is why I got into ham radio in 2011. PSK-31 is the perfect blend of speed and conversation in my book.

Keep up the good PSK-31 work, y'all!

73

Matt King
AK4MK - 070 #1708
PODXS 070 Club Executive Director

On Fri, Dec 22, 2017 at 6:06 PM, B C <k9wis@...> wrote:
Its sort of like going to the bar just to see how many different kinds of beer you can drink and not taking the time to talk to any body...hi hi...I prefer to sit and chew the rag with old and new friends. ( preferably on a home built radio)
Brian K9WIS