Re: PSK31 SOTA activation

Paul Butzi (W7PFB)

I don't see anybody down that way from Georgia, Paul.

Why'd he choose to go so far below the accepted PSK-31 window?

I'd like to work him for sure!

He’s been helping me come up to speed on cw, and I think the way it worked was he was up there on the summit with his KX2 and he thought “Hey, maybe I can get Paul."  And then he remembered I’m still pretty slow on cw but do a lot of psk, and he thought “Heck, this radio will do psk31, let’s give it a whirl and see if it goes.”

He sent me email, and just by chance I saw it right away, jumped on the air, got him right off the bat.

I’ll suggest that next time he qsy up to the psk window where doubtless he’d find a lot of takers.

That little kx2 sure put out a nice signal.  He was kinda weak here but nice tight clean signal, flawless decode.

It’s a little strange to work someone who’s entering the characters using paddles and is not using macros!

But boy I do want one of those radios.

-p W7PFB
73, Don’t forget to smile and have fun!